Which of These Timeless Mistakes Do You Make?
Marcus Tullius Cicero was a Roman statesman, orator, lawyer, and philosopher who died in 43 BC in the time of Julius Caesar. Cicero famously recorded what he saw were the six most troublesome mistakes made by humans.
- 1The delusion that individual advancement is made by crushing others
- 2The tendency to worry about things that cannot be changed
- 3Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot do it ourselves
- 4Refusing to set aside trivial preferences
- 5Neglecting development and refinement of the mind, and not acquiring the habits of reading and study
- 6Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do
Some things never change!!
Action Step: Which of these six mistakes stands out for you personally? Which apply to your team? Do something today to turn the mistake into a strength.